Making Gifts for Life

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The start of something....

Hi ya'll. Summer is happening fast and time is flying by. I am going to be doing some scrapbook pages tomorrow!!!! My BFF is coming over and we are going to scrapbook all day, while the hubbies are working. I know, I know, not fair. But to be honest I work two jobs 10 months out of the year, so the 7 weeks of summer that I am only working one job is like heaven. Although money can be tight at times, it's only 7 weeks, right?

So here is the start of one page I am working on. Three pieces of patterned paper, a picture and a dusty attic chipboard piece. Let's see what I come up with.


It's of one of my pitbulls, his name is Dante. I never thought I would be a person that owned one pitbull, much less two. But let me tell you, they both have opened my eyes to their world and how misinformed people are about them. For most of my life I have owned german sheppards, and even though I have been bitten by three of them, I still love them dearly.... I am a die hard dog lover. But my two pitbulls are more kind then any of the german sheppards I owned, and I am not saying that because I am in love with these two puppies, even though I am, I am being honest. They love me and my family so much, sometimes when we leave for even a little bit, they break our heart with the missing you cry that they do. Pitbulls love to be around their "people", their family. They are protective and oh so loving. In ancient times, they were used to guard babies!!! Hello people, if they can guard newborns, they aren't a mean spirited animal. Some owners teach them to be. And now I will get off my soap box. Ha, ha. I am deeply in love with these dogs, they are two of my best furry pals, we cuddle at night on the couch, run through the house and backyard together and even fold clothes together. But I do have one other furry pal, she is getting up in years but she is also a dog, a lhasa apso to be specific, and she is a spitfire, even though she is 13 years old. She is my #1, and the love of my life (besides my husband and kids). I will do a page with her soon, so you can meet her.

I hope your summer is treating you well and I hope you are having many adventures. Feel free to tell me about them in the comment section, I would love to hear from you all.

Have a blessed day and love one another <3.

No comments:

Post a Comment