Making Gifts for Life

Monday, July 16, 2012

Junior Prom

Junior Prom -
A 12 x 12 layout that starts with a light color background, it can be any color in case you want to make a boy page (which this one turned out to be anyway, I had started making this for my daughter, but when I saw the picture of my son and his gf going to the prom, I knew that this was for them). Then you need a 9 x 9 piece of white cardstock, before you adhere it down, use the back side as a mask for your stamping, put it in place with temporary adhesive, then select the line stamp you are going to use, stamp around the perimeter, then turn to the right side and secure the cardstock down with permanent adhesive. Cut the gray polka dot paper to 8 x 8, ink with white ink all around the outside, and leave to dry. Make a flourish with white cardstock (I used my Slice machine and a new card called Bravissimo). Also I cut one 2 x 8 inch strip of white cardstock and used the Martha Stewart Vintage Lace border punch, for the strip under the photo, adding a hot pink thin ribbon. For the flowers, I used the white ones for the Spare Parts line, but they had light yellow centers, so I chalked them with pink chalk and added pearls in the centers. I made 5 leaves with white cardstock and a Close to My Heart leaf stamp. I tied pink tulle in a bow and glued that under the flowers petals. To finish off the page I cut two decorative frames out of white cardstock and stamped the smaller one with the "love you" sentiment, added hot pink stickles around the outside to define it.

My son looked so handsome going to his prom, Sam his lovely girlfriend is a sweetheart and she was stunning in her hot pink and zebra print dress. Boy is it tough to see him grow up so fast, as their limo drove away that night, I cried like crazy, one more year and he is out of high school and moving on with his adult life. That makes me happy because I know he has a wonderful future ahead of him, he is an amazing man, but on the other hand, our time seems like it was so short. It doesn't feel like I had him 17 years ago. I just hope we always stay as close as we are right now. I love him to pieces, he will always be my little man, no matter how much taller then me he gets.

No comments:

Post a Comment