Making Gifts for Life

Friday, April 5, 2013

Classic Chic



Classic Chic

I love this layout. Mainly because I have a love for neutral colors. There is something about them.

This paper line can be found at Michael's and it's called Memories Documented by Recollections. As soon as I saw them I had to have them. And my husband was with me, and even with my extensive paper collection, he still let me buy three paper packs that day! 

I used Making Memories acrylic paint and added water to it, to make it thin. Then I just squeezed several drops of the black paint onto the paper, while it was drying, I selected the other papers to go with this layout (all being in the paper pack). 

And then, I selected the stamps I wanted to use on the layout. The arrow with the polka dots and the "classic chic" sentiment stamp, which I stamped onto the layout at the end, after all the papers had been secured down, that way I placed them right where they needed to go.

I found my wood butterflies (which are made by Studio Calico) and placed three on there. I know you know the rule of three, right? Well if not or if you aren't sure, here is a refresher. The rule of three, helps to lead the eye around the page, and it's also more pleasing to the eye to look at. Whether it be three butterflies, three flowers, three photos, etc. Referring back to Fibonacci's Sequence, that I shared a while back, it's basically the same idea.

This is another picture of my beautiful daughter, from 2012, when I took my son, his gf and my daughter on a photo shoot. I did a little touch up, because she has vitiligo, dis-pigmentation of the skin, which just means she doesn't tan in some spots (there is a pill she can take to fix the issue I guess, but she hates pills.)

Then I used Topaz Labs to edit the photo further, into black and white. (I love Topaz Labs!)

Thank you for viewing my blog.
Please post a comment if you would like the sizes of the mats or if you have any questions.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment