Making Gifts for Life

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Varsity

Varsity Football Layout -
Inspired by The Paper Mixing Bowl challenge for the month. I dove right in and made this layout for submission. This is my darling son, Brandon after football season had ended for the season, and sadly this will probably be his last game ever, except maybe the family backyard game during the annual Allis Christmas party.

This picture was printed on my new printer, I wish you could see how clear it is. I used Photoshop CS 2 to edit the photo and Topaz Labs Lens Effect to give the photo the rusty edge.

Chicken wire from Dusty Attic was used, as well as burlap and stickers on the layout.

To make the background, I used white cardstock sprayed with green ink. I centered the spray under the photo and mat so if it did drip (which it did) that the drips would mainly be underneath the photo and you wouldn't see them.

I hope you like my layout. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think.

Come back to my blog everyday, there will be a surprise soon.


6 comments:

  1. This is a perfect dude creation!!! I love it and thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Mixing Bowl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina! I love this simple layout, yet it is so striking with the accessories. I also know it means a lot to you since it was Brandon's last year of football.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Tina! Very simple, but awesome. Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Mixing Bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome sports page! I love the misting and burlap! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Mixing Bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great LO. Your varsity pennants are a great touch. I like how the simple shapes lead your eyes down to the page. I always associated November and football together myself. Mostly from my male relatives snoozing during a game after Thanksgiving dinner.

    Thanks for playing along at the Paper Mixing Bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great layout... love how you described doing the misting... makes sense for covering mistakes!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Mixing Bowl

    ReplyDelete