Making Gifts for Life

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Merry Christmas Layout


Merry Christmas Layout -

I want to admit something, I love lots of embellishments but sometimes I want to do a layout that focuses on the pictures and not the embellishments. I want something simple.

I used K&Company papers to create this layout, set in rich colors of black, cranberry and evergreen. Adding cream for an accent color.

For the title and circle embellishment, I used new stamps I got, made by Recollections. I found them at Michael's. If you look close I added the date in the strips near the circle embellishment with cream paper and   a Martha Stewart writing pen. I inked the edges of the strips with black ink. The black strip above them, is a piece of cardstock I cut with decorative scissors.

The black doily was white and I colored it with a black sharpie marker. It worked out perfectly for this. It gives the page a little bit of elegance.

The buttons are from this awesome manufacturer called Spare Parts and you can find them at Hobby Lobby. Spare Parts makes all kinds of wonderful scrapbook embellishments, from buttons and flowers to brads.

I hope you enjoy the page. Please ask any questions if you have some.

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment