Making Gifts for Life

Sunday, December 23, 2012


Days leading up to Christmas Day -

I hope you are getting to enjoy the time leading up to the day we prepare for months. I am trying to take little moments, in between all the wrapping, baking, cooking and cleaning, to enjoy myself and this holiday. This year I do realize that people have too much stuff and it's not about the amount you spend, but about the thought itself. I have known this for some time but I love to give, so it's really hard for me to put the brakes on and not overdo it.

On Christmas Eve, it is tradition to have my mom, dad and two brothers over to exchange gifts, play games and eat good food.

Christmas Day is spent with my hubby's family. They come around noon and we hang out, eat, open gifts and play gifts.

Then we have the night to spend time alone with the kids, this is my favorite time. I love to get to spend the quiet time with my babies. I know they are old now, but my mind, goes back to when they were little and it would take hours and hours to unwrap gifts, because they would get something they really wanted, and they would play with it. 

This could be our last Christmas together as a family for a while, so I am trying to make this one as special as I possibly can.

I hope you all have a blessed holiday.
Merry Christmas.






No comments:

Post a Comment