Making Gifts for Life

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Be Merry - While cutting down your Christmas Tree

Be Merry Layout -

This year, like last year (which was our first year), we went to a tree farm and cut down a fresh Christmas tree. We spent a lot of time looking for the right one. Every one had an opinion and no tree was the "perfect" one for us, until we saw this one. We all fell in love with it.

I used the Lost & Found Christmas Stack from My Mind's Eye. I love the colors of this stack. The olive greens and the cranberries.

The only thing I am not sure about with this layout is the stamped sentiment. I don't think I like it. I am thinking of ripping it off and replacing it with something else. I might.... I might.

But these papers, they are so pretty. Even more so in person. All the papers were inked with dark brown cat's eye ink by Colorbox. The vintage metal title frame is made by Tim Holtz's. The flowers are made by Prima and Recollections.

I made the pennants with tiny scalloped edged scissors. The green layer is 1.5" x 1", the damask layer is 1" x 0.5". I used a small heart punch to make the hearts.

The awesome, super intricate snowflakes are made by Dusty Attic. I love them. I love them so much I left them the way they were. I didn't ink them or paint them. They just happened to matched the layout perfectly.

I hope you like my layout.

Post a comment if you like.

Have a great day and be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment