Making Gifts for Life

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

October 31st

October 31st - I made this layout for the Dusty Attic Monthly Challenge. I have been waiting to come up with an idea to use the Spooky Border. The flourishes are made with the Making Memories Slice machine. The flowers are all made by Recollections.

The papers are a mixture of My Mind's Eye, Paper Loft and plain cardstock. I love the halloween papers that MME put out last year, they were all in one pad of just craft paper with different designs on them. The sheet I used on the background has a very light design in white. It's simple and subtle enough to work with the layout, without overpowering it.

The Recollections brand has some pretty new embellishments out, whether it's flowers or jewels, they have some really nice extras that are fairly reasonably priced. I love the flowers, the big ones come in a can, with glittery,  sheer or different shape paper flowers.

To age the papers I used the Zutter distressing machine. Then I inked the white and pumpkin color papers with black ink, and the black cardstock with white ink.

For the moon, I used vellum paper. And to cut a perfect circle I used my circle cutter by Memory Keepers. I love that thing so much, I use it so often for a lot of my layouts, in some way, shape or form. I thought about inking the edges of the moon, then decided against it. I like the crispness of it and didn't want to ruin that. Sometimes, I think, not everything needs ink on it. Ha!

I hope you enjoy this layout.
Please post a comment and let me know what you think.

And since tomorrow is Halloween, I hope you all have a very Happy Halloween. To those of you still trick or treating, get loads of candy and stay safe. I hope the weather stays dry for you.

"Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way."


No comments:

Post a Comment