Making Gifts for Life

Friday, October 19, 2012

Last game

Last game -
Last night was Brandon's last game. It's sad to see something he loves so much end. I really enjoyed watching him play. And as we drove away, after the final play had been run, I started to tear up. This is it. My son's senior year in high school. His last year playing football. His last year being a kid. Next year starts adulthood and responsibilities. (I know he has them now also. But you get what I am saying.)

Oh, how I have loved every second. Watching how strong he is, and praying he doesn't get hurt. Watching him learn and grow, as a player and a teammate. Especially watching him connect with other people and grow friendships. That is something, when in high school, you don't realize is so important. But ends up being  a great memory.




No comments:

Post a Comment