Making Gifts for Life

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Timeless...

Timeless -
This is a photo of my daughter that I took recently (last week) at the Sunken Garden in Highland Park. I absolutely love this place! I haven't really taken a bad picture there, the place is just gorgeous. The flowers, leaves and textures of the bricks, are just spectacular. My BFF turned me onto this place and I recently took my son, his friends and my daughter there to do a series of senior pictures, even though my daughter is not a senior, I want to take pictures of her, I love to take pictures of her.

On this layout, I made the butterflies and flowers out of light pink paper, using my Slice die cutting machine and then stamped the pieces with a script stamp after they were cut out. For the flowers, I crinkled the paper into a ball and flattened it back out, inked all the edges and added a pearl brad center.

I inked around the entire layout with brown ink, then once more with a dark shade of brown to get a variation.

I used a hat pin through the lace trim in the lower right corner of the mat.

In order to get the stamped images around the mat, I cut the mat to size, then marked off where I needed to stamp, removed the mat; then I just stamped around in a square using a flourish stamp. Gluing the mat down once I used the border punch on it. Then I cut a dark gray mat and a cream mat to go over the black mat. To pop the picture, so you can see it more and for it to be defined from the layout, I matted that in black also. A black frame would work here too but I couldn't find one I really liked, I tried several. So I just went for the simple solution and matted the picture on black cardstock.

For the two black leaf sprigs, I cut those out of cardstock using the Slice machine also.

The butterflies have depth, because I cut two for each butterfly, then layered them, leaving the wings of the top butterfly free and not glued down. Then I added pearls to make the butterflies bodies, giving them dimension and a hint of elegance.

And as for the title... I came up with this, because once you take a photo, you are that age in that photo and that is timeless. (Title was cut using my Slice die cutting machine also.)

No comments:

Post a Comment