Making Gifts for Life

Friday, August 17, 2012

Just being a girl....

Just being a girl layout -
This layout was a pretty fast one due to the embellishments I used being already premade. I use the My Mind's Eye, Lost & Found 2 paper stack. I really just had to trim the papers to the right sizes and on the pink one use an edge punch. The three chipboard pieces are all from the same collection, something that has been in my stash for a long time. The jewel flourishes are made by Recollections. The teal circle tag I cut in half then used zigzag scissors on the edge. The "I remember when" journaling tag is from Making Memories, another thing that I have had for a long time in my stash. I also used daisy fabric trim that had come off a dress I made my daughter when she was younger, I added the bling snaps to it (they are also Making Memories). The three white mats are for pictures of course, and in this case I would either use black and white photos, or photos with muted color, so that they don't compete with the layout itself and over power it. Of course you could also make two of the supporting photos black and white, and one photo color, that would look great too.

Let me know what you think. If you would like to make this layout, post a comment and I would be happy to forward or post the dimensions of all the papers.  You need 4 pieces of coordinating papers, a piece of white cardstock and one accent color, you don't need alot of this one color, make sure it matches two embellishments that you have or that you make by hand.

A trick I learned early on in scrapbooking, and it works well with photography also is the law of thirds or it's called Fibonacci's square sequence. Basically when using the law of thirds, you are leading the viewer through the layout by the placement of the three embellishments or accents.
If you view the rectangle above as only 3 squares, you see the focal point. You can turn and manipulate this anyway you want, but you always want to have a certain focal area.

Use it on your next layout, and see how much it helps the look and feel of it. Post images of your finished layouts for us to see!

Thank you again for visiting my blog. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Enjoy peace and serenity.

No comments:

Post a Comment