Making Gifts for Life

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Match Book Calendar

 Match Book Calendar -
I made this for my desk at work. I wanted to bring some of my crafting to my desk so it's not so dull and boring. I used paper scraps in the Linen Stack by DCWV. I printed the calendars out on two sheets of white cardstock and cut around them. I matted them with dark brown cardstock and then adhered them to tan cardstock that has been stamped with dark brown ink, and various stamps with themes for the season. I then inked around each page with the dark brown ink, stacked them together and then stapled them into the book.
I made the actual book with chipboard and two pieces of cardstock, one for the lining and one for the cover.
I added a title with a piece of scrap paper and stamps.
I like that it is simple and that the stamped theme changes with each month.
They are fairly easy to make, I winged it all, never really measured the chipboard, just trimmed and started covering, then made the pages to fit. It took me less time to make this then a layout. lol

Make one for your desk today!

Tomorrow I go back to my full time job, I hope to add a different layout a couple days a week if I can. But it's also football season, for my son and the NFL, this is my season, I love fall!!!!! I love the food and the smells and the colors of this beautiful season. I can't wait for the temperature to dip a little (like it was last week).

Have a wonderful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment