Making Gifts for Life

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Memories

Memories -
This layout is fairly easy to make. The supplies you need are two 12x12 papers, some Prima lace (or off brand), some flowers that match you color scheme, two die cut vines, embroidery thread, a scrap of white cardstock, a rub on (or stamp you like for the corner) and a journal tag.

First step, I took the plain tan background paper and sprayed the paper with walnut ink. Secondly, I took the cream antiqued paper and cut 1/2 inch off two sides. Ran all four sides in the Zutter distressing machine, then inked them with brown ink. Then I wet the paper and tore a slit in the paper, and let it dry. Once dry, I poked holes in the paper and sewed them with black embroidery floss, tying a bow at the top. Thirdly, at the top left, I used a rub on instead of a stamp (just so I can use up supplies that I have been storing).

When arranging the items on the page, I always place them first and move them around. Once I like where they are, I pick up each item and glue them down. This gives me the freedom to move the components around until I am completely satisfied with their placement.

For this layout, I like the stark whiteness of the die cut vines and photo mat. It brings a cleanness to the layout.


No comments:

Post a Comment