Making Gifts for Life

Thursday, April 5, 2012

I'm Not Going to Smile....

I'm Not Going to Smile Layout -
This is a new Recollections paper pack from Michael's. I fell in love with the color palette and all the papers are very male friendly.
This is a photo of my son Brandon. He does not like his picture taken at all, unless, of course, he asks! And he doesn't like to smile either!
My husband provided the metal star. We had picked it up at a hobby store a long time ago, and I saw them sitting on his art desk (I think he was about to use them). To be honest I only "borrowed" one, so he has another one he can use. The metal star came with a loop at the top so that it could be strung on something or hung, I didn't like that for this layout so I cut the loop off. Then wrapped the star with a little twine.
The papers were all distressed with my Zutter paper distressing machine.
The two paper stars, two piece of paper cut like ribbon, the layered scalloped circle and the triangle pennants were all cut with the Making Memories Slice Die Cutting machine. I, then, glue dotted them to a piece of twine that I had thread through two buttons, so that it looked like a banner. The little flag I hand cut and then used a star rub on, to continue with the star theme.
The buttons all came out of a bag that I got at hobby lobby a while ago and they just happened to match perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment