Making Gifts for Life

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Explore


Explore

As soon as I saw you
I knew an adventure 
was going to happen.
--Winnie the Pooh

My son's first automobile was a 2002 Chevy Blazer. He got it from his grandpa as a gift.
Although it has needed some repairs, it has proved to be a faithful friend.
My son made many modifications to the Blazer. He put on a push bar, and wheel spacers.He installed a awesome stereo system. 

The truck as taken him on many adventures and I am sure there are more to come.

I chose the quote above by Winnie the Pooh because well I love Pooh and it fits my son and his truck so well. He has gone many places and seen many things in his truck, all of course within a safe distance from home. 

The amount of work and what he has learned to fix on his own, is an adventure itself.

Most of the papers used are from the Recollections line, called Memories Documented. I didn't have map paper so I printed some from the internet, I used it for the strips on the left of the photo and I rolled up some of it and tied it with jute.

The steering wheel I have been saving since before Brandon could drive, and I have just been itching to use it.

Most of the embellishments for this layout, we (my best friend and I) made. What do they say? Necessity is the mother of all invention. If you don't have it, it doesn't mean you have to go out and spend money on buying it.

I think it turned out really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment