Making Gifts for Life

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Eternal Love

Eternal Love


So today was a crazy day. On my drive to work, I was thinking about how long it's been since I got upset about my son leaving, and you would think with it getting closer and closer, I would be crying alot more frequently. I was giving myself a good old pat on the back. Well, that stretch only last until I got to work today. And something happened, which in hindsight set me off but was really silly. Anyways, I ended up being super emotional at work, and kind of lost it. Not a good day. Ugh.

So here is one of the layouts I was going on about earlier this morning. Of course, it's featuring my cute puppy Roo.

I started with a piece of patterned paper by pink paislee and then topped that with My Mind's Eye paper. Underneath, I added a little burlap and then stitched around the circumference of the layout a couple times, being sure not to stitch perfectly.

A couple of the pieces of this layout, I already had made up, because I had started to use them on a different layout, and it just wasn't working. I stared at the layout for over a month and it was driving me batty. Sometimes, no matter what vision you have in your head, it sometimes can not be pulled out properly (at least in my case) and imposed onto the visual landscape. I, sometimes, can't make it happen and I find myself getting frustrated.

I used a Dusty Attic chippie, that came in two pieces. I took the top piece and painted it with white gesso. Then layered it over the bottom piece, adding my puppy's picture in the center. 

At Michael's this weekend, I found a really awesome stamp. It's a stamp that makes cameos. It came with an oval shape and two different girl's heads. I wish there was a boy one also, maybe there was ans they were out, I don't know. Anyway, it was a dollar, so I couldn't pass it up. That is what I used to make the cameo on this layout. I used teal paper and white ink. When the white ink dried, I used stickles in White Lace. When that dried, I cut it out and added pop dots to the back of it.

I cut the title out using my Making Memories Slice machine. And added a strip of teal paper under it with burlap under that.

The butterfly on the layout, was actually part of the paper, that I just used an exacto knife to cut out only the wings, and I folded them up a little. Then I added Stickles in Tea Dye to the wings and body to make it pop out some more. 

The flowers are Prima, of course, aren't they beautiful? The teal ones are new, from the convention I just went too.

I hope you are enjoying my layout.

I enjoyed sharing it.

I hope you have a wonderful night.

Check back soon, for the next reveal.


No comments:

Post a Comment