Making Gifts for Life

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Finished.... finally

Finally, finished....

1st day of school layout -

Select your papers, I chose one distressed pink solid, two pattern papers with the same shade of pink in them and one black patterned background paper. You also need white cardstock, one 8.5 x 11 sheet will do.

Cut the solid pink paper into 11.5 x 11.5, ink the edge with brown ink.

Trim the other pattern papers to 6 x 8, inking the edges brown also.

Find a Queen card of a deck of cards that you have a few missing, unless you don't care, then steal one of any deck you have and color the center rectangle with a pink colored pencil. Ink the edges of the card with brown ink.

Then I made four polaroid looking frames with the white cardstock, two different sizes. Three of the frames are 2.25 x 2.75, then one big one measures 4 x 5.5.

Print or have your picture printer 4 x 6 with a thin border.

I made three flowers for this layout, and I will post a tutorial on how to do those soon.

The circular frame and the butterfly  were stamped on white cardstock and cut out with precision scissors. I inked around the circle frame with brown ink.

I felt that I needed to add that this was a 1st day of school layout, and it was her ninth grade year. So I just added the title in my handwriting.

I hope you like this layout. If you have any comments or questions, please post them in the comments section.

Have a wonderful day!




No comments:

Post a Comment