Making Gifts for Life

Monday, September 10, 2012

Delight - 1st day of school page

Delight - 1st day of school layout for my daughter -

I started this layout, I am working on it in between cooking, cleaning, laundry and work. I know that is how every one's life is. I am used to being able to scrapbook for hours, but I do not have time with my schedule as the way it is now. At 430pm my house is a crazy place to be, teenagers running in and out of the house. Homework... football... dinner.... more homework (if not done).... cleaning/laundry.... Dinner clean up... then maybe a little time to read, something I haven't had time for lately either. Only thing is, by the time I get to actually sit or lay down to read, I get one page in and I am out cold. lol
Oh what fun life is. I love being busy. I really do. This week is packed, the nights and weekend included, I think I may have a free time to sit at 11pm Thursday, that is how busy I am. But I just wanted to say that because I want you to know why I am not churning out pages like I was trying to do in the summer.

Anyway, back to the page. Every year I do a 1st day of school layout. This year I wanted to make something girly but vintage and sophisticated at the same time. I have a few more things to add, plus of course the picture! I wanted you to see what I have been up too. I get to work on it in 15 minute spurts. I am making all my own flowers for this so that is another time consuming part. I will post a tutorial when I am done with the page, that way if you like the flowers, you can also make them yourself.

I used three different paper packs by MME for this layout. They are Paris, Lost & Found One, and Lost & Found Two.

All the papers were inked with chestnut roan ink.

When I post the finished layout, I will post instructions on how to duplicate it if you would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment