Making Gifts for Life

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Beauty Page

Beauty -
This page was not very hard to make. It's very simplistic, but I think the page came out well. I made the postage stamp paper myself with a circle punch. The teal swirls came from my BFF, she just happened to have a felt border that matched the color scheme perfectly. The "beauty" word was in the one dollar bin at Michael's. And because I am super thrifty, the square of green for the picture mat is used from the background paper.








 
I cut the gray paper to 11 x 11, then evenly spaced 11 half circles on each of the four sides to create the postage stamp look. The white patterned paper is 3 x 9. The green mat is 4 x 4. I inked both the white patterned and the gray patterned with charcoal cat's queue ink by Colorbox. There is a strip of the gray paper, 1/2 x 10, behind the teal felt swirl.




I adorned the butterfly and made the butterfly's trail with stickles by Ranger Ink.

This page is copyrighted by Tina Smith.

1 comment: