Making Gifts for Life

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Another great page...

This page really take no time at all and I love the results.
Here are the instructions to making this one.

1. Choose four pieces of paper to use, you should have one dark either patterned or solid piece for the background, one should be red, a brown kraft cardstock and then a cream. The background paper I chose was from the Immortal stack by DCWV.

2. Draw a loose primitive heart, cut it out and distress the edges. I used the Zutter Distrezz it All machine to distress my heart.

3. Ink the entire outside edged of the heart with black ink, I used the black Cat's Eye Queue ink by Colorbox.
4. I, then took a script stamp, inked it black, and stamped in the upper left corner, down the side but not all the way to the bottom. I, also added some metallic platinum ink to the heart, just in random spots.
5. Crumpled the heart, then lay it flat.
6. Tear the brown cardstock to 3.75 x 5.25, the ink the edges with the black ink. I also ran it thru the paper crimper a couple times so that it looked corragated.
7. Stamp a clock, or large circular image onto cream colored cardstock and cut it out.
8. Stamp a heart onto gray cardstock. And cut it out.
9. Cut a 1 x 4 inch strip of cream cardstock and stamp a sentiment on it, ink all the edges in black.
10. Adhere the page together, heart on the left, adding the crimped brown paper to the center of the heart. In the lower left edge of the heart add the clock, heart and then some flowers. (I made thes flowers by hand, and I can post steps on here later on how to do it yourself. In my opinion they come out nicer and are way cheaper then the ones you buy in the stores, plus you can make them any color you want and they will match your layout. Stick the sentiment on the right side, slightly sticking out from under the heart.
11. The last and final touch to this page was the clear red accent bubbles that I added.

This page is copyrighted by Tina Smith.

No comments:

Post a Comment