Making Gifts for Life

Friday, August 30, 2013

Cherish Paris


Cherish Paris

Hi everyone. TGIF. I hope you are enjoying your Friday. Today is the last work day before a three day weekend. We have Labor Day coming up on Monday. Do you have plans for a fun filled weekend? My husband and I will be celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary! I can't believe that we have been married that long. We met in high school and have been together ever since. I am very thankful that I am married to my best friend.

Anyway, I am sure when you clicked on the link to this layout you expected to see Paris, as in France. Sorry to disappoint. My daughter is in love with the city of Paris. She wants to visit one day, and I won't be surprised if she lives there. I hope when she goes to college she takes the chance to study aboard and gets the chance to really spend some time in that beautiful city.

So due to her love of Paris, she so cutely named her puppy Paris. Paris is now eight months old, and super tall. She stands about an inch taller then all the other dogs, even her parents. She is very sweet and shy. I happened to be at the CKC this year and I saw this Paris tag, that I of course had to get. (And since I have bought anything I could find with the word Paris on it.) It's a perfect way to add the name of her puppy to the layout.

For this layout, I started with a blank piece of white cardstock. I took white gesso and sponged it all over the page. Then I took pink and black acrylic paint and sponged that randomly over the page also.  Then I found a paper stack that would work well with the colors I started with, it's by DCWV. It's called the Street Lace Stack. I bought this stack a while ago and I have used it for a layout or two. But it's been in my cabinet ever since. Weirdly enough I didn't look for paper before I did the paint, I just had it in my mind that the stack would work for it and it did. 

I then, took one of the pinks sheets of patterned paper and tore it up, laying in out on the background paper, until I found an arrangement that I liked. 

The next thing I did was find a piece of patterned paper that worked with the layout but was a neutral enough color not to overpower or take away from the pink I already used. I grabbed this sheet by Fancy Pants Designs. I cut it into five different size sheets, and then I inked all the edges with black Cat's Eye ink from Colorbox.

The die cut was made using my Slice machine, and all the flowers are either Prima or Recollections.

And while I was at Michael's the other day, I happened to find this damask tape that I thought would be super cute on the layout. It's washi crafting tape, by Recollections.

I hope you enjoyed my layout. 
Thank you for stopping in today to view it.
If you would like more detailed instructions on any of my layouts or if  you have any questions, please don't hesitate to comment.

I am still working on that bigger project I was telling you about earlier. I will be posting a step by step tutorial on the entire project when it's finished.

Have a super duper weekend. Enjoy the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment