Making Gifts for Life

Friday, May 4, 2012

You are My Sunshine Layout

You are My Sunshine Layout -

I love this layout. Love it. When I was making it, I didn't, because in all honesty, it's a little time consuming but the end product is so fabulous that it was well worth it.

Pick a neutral background paper, something pretty sturdy since you will be adding a bunch of elements to it. The paper I picked has a faint summer theme on it, and it works very well with this layout and the colors.

Next, I selected two papers that were summer colors and worked well with each other. The blue strip is 10 x 4 and the yellow is 9.5 x 4. I used the Zutter distressing machine to distress the yellow and blue strips then used a light brown ink to antique the edges a little. I inked two line stamps and slightly curved them so I could make what looks like draped ribbon, at the top of the yellow strip. I used two different colors, blue and orange. I wrapped orange embroidery floss around the yellow strip then tied a bow, adding a blue button in the center. I also added a wooden butterfly for an added embellishment.

I cut three hexagons, two orange and one blue. I stamped the two orange with a sun stamp and inked the edges with the orange ink, and I inked the blue one with the light brown ink. I, also, lightly stamped a sun on the left side near the bottom in orange ink.

I freehand cut five kites out of different paper scraps and inked the edges with the light brown ink. The kite strings are hand drawn, and so are the ties on the kite strings.

I used the Martha Stewart double loop punch on a piece of orange scrap to layer under the title "you are my sunshine".

The phone mats are cut out of coordinating paper. The striped piece is 5 x 5.75 and the blue is 5.25 x 6.

Lastly, I added orange clear embellishments, scattered around the page to finish it off.


No comments:

Post a Comment