Making Gifts for Life

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Darkness There and Nothing More...


Darkness There and Nothing More...

Either you like Poe or you don't. But in my opinion, The Raven is by far one of the most popular poems of all time and one of my most favorites. Maybe it's because of the movie The Crow, which is my all time favorite movie or maybe it's because the poem itself is so creepy. I don't know which but it seems that each time I read it, I learn something or find something in the poem I didn't get before. I remember reading it when I was very young and I not understanding it as much as I do today. 

Anyway, sorry I have been on hiatus for so long. I have been very busy making amigurumis and also my craft chair broke. The chair mechanism on the bottom of the chair cracked so I have had to sit in a very uncomfortable chair. And that has left me to not want to scrapbook very much. Because I am unemployed at the moment, I find it hard to spend the needed $40 on a new mechanism or $150 on a new chair. Well needless to say, I finally caved in and bought the replacement mechanism. So it should be here soon, thank goodness. For now, I will suffer on this chair, I think I can handle it.

Since we are in the month of October and it's my very favorite holiday soon and my all time favorite season. I decided to make another Halloween page.

I started with Authenique papers, the Enchanted collection. I love their paper lines. They are amazing. And the papers are so thick and wonderful. Most are double sided and you get plenty of them to play with. Recently I started keeping my scraps with the actual paper line they came from. Unless they are a solid cardstock or I no longer have any idea what manufacturer they came from. I think it helps, because in this case, I didn't have to go hunting around for 30 minutes looking for papers to match, being as how I only needed small strips of each pattern.

I added a couple small embellies but nothing too much to finish off the page.
There is a small glitter spider made by Jolee's (love those). There is the sentiment that I popped up on pop dots made by Echo Park. A black flower by Recollections. And some small Prima flowers. The jewel swirl is from Recollections also.

This page can house one large photo or several smaller photos, layered, matted and offset against one another.

Thank you for checking out my blog today. I have another page almost completed so check back later tomorrow for the reveal.

Have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment