Making Gifts for Life

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

October/Autumn Layout

October/Autumn Layout - This layout is very simple and easy to do with little to no products. I wanted to make a page that was cheap, but cute, in these economic times it's hard to buy so many embellishments for just one page. SO I decided to do a budget worthy layout. I think it came out very cute and I will show you how to do it, what costs were and what the total cost for the entire page was. (Besides not purchasing anything to make this layout, I also tried to use things that I have had around in my stash for sometime but haven't used.)
The two background papers are from one stack by SEI. I didn't have the scalloped striped piece so I made one myself, that is one way to stay furgile. I traced another scalloped piece that I liked the shape of and cut it out and inked it. Paper cost for background papers: $.85
Felt Border in brown: $1.00
I used scraps for all the die cuts and the mat. Cost of scrap: $.25
I made all the die cuts with the Slice machine, and since I already own that, cost of die cuts: free.
The chipboard corner, october and autumn sticker were from the Seasons chipboard box by DCWV a long time ago. I have been dying to use them, because they are simple and they matched this layout perfect. I happened to also get the entire set on clearance, cost: $.11
The flowers are made by Kaiser scrapbook, they are made out of paper and come 60 flowers to a package, I used 4 on this layout, 2 small ones and 2 medium (which I layered), cost: $.33.
The pearl stickies are by Hero Arts, they come 36 to a package and cost: $.21.
Total cost of the entire page is: $2.75!!!!!
Can you believe it?

Post any questions or comments about this page below int he comments section.

Thank you for viewing my blog and have a splendid day!

No comments:

Post a Comment