Making Gifts for Life

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Love Layout

Love Layout - This is a 12 x 12 page. I took all these papers from the DCWV Mediterranean Stack.
I love the colors. I am very into teal now. Not sure why, when before it wasn't one of my favorite colors, but I can't seem to get enough of it. The white cardstock on the layout is to represent a photo. (My printer is still not working, I think I am giving in and gonna have some printed at Walgreens. I just had to edit a bunch of them first. Talk about an all day job!)
I left the background paper untouched, then I took another 12 x 12 sheet and trimmed it to 11 x 11, distressed it using the Zutter distressing tool and I inked it with olive ink from Colorbox. Then the teal paper I cut into a 9 x 9 square, distressed it and inked it with celadon ink by Colorbox.
Next step, I cut a scalloped square with my Making Memories Slice Machine, and stamped it with Inkadinkadoo clear stamps, and the same olive ink. Next I looked around for other embellies I could use and I found a felt border I just bought at the CKC in Buffalo, NY. Also I found some pearl brads and die cuts shapes from the CKC also. I cut the border in 2 sections, one a tad longer then the other. I made 3 orange flowers with cardstock, because to be honest, I don't have much orange embellies laying around. I made 2 butterflies out of the background cardboard piece in the Prima "say it with pearls" packaging. I took a little FIMO clay, this just happened to be sparkly white, and I kneaded it with my hand til it was soft, then I rolled it around piece of wire I folded in half, with ends long enough to stick out so I could make antenna. I bake them according to the packages directions. I cut the cute butterflies out of scrap paper first with my Slice machine, then I traced them onto the heavier cardboard and cut them with scissors. I used a stylist to draw some lines on the back of the butteflies, added the bodies I made with clay and then you have cute butterflies. All I did to them after that is curl their antenna with round nose pliers.
I made the 3 orange flowers using the same type of technique I posted at an earlier date. The teal flowers are made by Prima and I added pearl centers. I have a few die cut embellies on here, that are actually from a SEI pack I bought at CKC last year.
The teal felt border, I did not take the backing off where the picture will be, that way I can slide the picture in there fairly simple without having to peel off the felt border.

I also sewed all each of the two squares, with my sewing machine. Just a quick straight stitch, no need to be perfect, but I tried to keep it as straight as possible, for this design.
I added two orange epoxy stickers to complete the layout, making a visual triangle. It leads the eye around the page, making for a visually appealing layout.
If you have any questions, or comments pls post them in the comment section below.
Thank you for viewing my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment